Together in Advent - we celebrate together as the family of God the coming of his Son for our salvation. Each week will focus on a different activity for our “to-do list” that is centered on giving and sharing the great news of Jesus to the people around us.
• December 2: Be Present (Malachi 3:1-7): Instead of spending all our time in Advent buying presents, we in God’s family set aside space to be present for one another, as Christ is coming to be present with us.
• December 9: Send Peace (Micah 5:2-5a): Beyond sending cards to loved ones this Advent season, we do all we can as the family of God to send peace to one another because the Prince of Peace is on his way.
• December 16: Share Joy (Zephaniah 3:14-20): In this time when we share cookies and other treats with one another, we share joy with those around us that they might taste and see that the Lord is good to us through the birth of his Son.
• December 23: Wrap in Love (1 John 4:7-12): In this season of hustle and bustle, we move from wrapping presents to wrapping people in love, as Mary wrapped the Christ Child so lovingly in swaddling clothes.
We will also have special Advent worship services
on Wednesdays December 5, 12 and 19 at 7:00 pm
Posted on November 28, 2018 9:50 AM
Orders close Friday, November 2! ORDER TODAY!
Support youth from St. John Lutheran Church and School who are attending the National Youth Gathering in Minneapolis, MN in July, 2019, plus stock your freezer with yummy pizzas!
- Cheese pizza kits
- Pepperoni pizza kits
- Personal sized pizza kits
- Family Meal and Celebration kits
- Cookie dough & S’mores Cookie pie
How to Order Little Caesar’s Pizza Kits
- Click the green Ship My Order to My Group button. (We do NOT recommend having products shipped directly to you.)
Enter fundraiser ID: 358346
- Click on Confirm Fundraiser when you see "Saint John Lutheran Church"
- Set up a personal account (only name, email and password)
Shop and Pay with a credit card.
A portion of the sales will go to support our youth and adults attending the National Youth Gathering, July 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
When will you get your pizzas?
Pick up your pizza kits on
Tuesday, November 13 from 3:00-6:00 PM
at St. John Lutheran Church.
We do not have freezer space for all the kits being delivered so please make arrangements to pick them up on Nov. 13!
Posted on October 30, 2018 7:57 AM
Look Who’s Coming to Visit St John!
a Lutheran Church Charities K9 Comfort Dog
working at Immanuel Lutheran Church,
Addie is a well-trained friend who brings a calming influence, allowing people to open up their hearts and receive help for what is affecting them. She interacts with people at churches, schools, nursing homes, hospitals, events, and in disaster response situations.
Addie began her work as a Comfort Dog in training with a team who responded to the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting on December 14, 2012. She eventually was placed at Immanuel Lutheran to continue a comforting ministry to the school and community.
Friday, October 12 - Addie and her team will visit our School and spend time with the children.
After school (3-4 pm) parents, children, and family members are invited to a brief overview of what Addie does as a comfort dog.
Sunday, October 14 – Addie and her team will come Worship with us and then share about her ministry during Family Bible Hour.
Afterward, Addie and team will enjoy the Food Truck and Bills Game fundraiser.
Come join us as we learn about this incredible ministry through Comfort Dogs.
Do you have the interest in starting a comfort dog ministry at St. John Lutheran Church and School?
We are praying over the possibility and looking for individuals who would devote time and talent to this ministry.
Contact Pastor Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about an upcoming information session.
Posted on September 19, 2018 10:44 AM